The Law School Financial Office has a strong preference for vendors/service providers to invoice the Law School directly because it is easiest to process and eliminates the need for students to wait for reimbursement, particularly during the busier times of the year. When invoicing the Law School, there are a few things vendors/service providers will need to keep in mind and that you will need to request.
- The word “INVOICE” must appear on the invoice
- The invoice must include an invoice date
- If the vendor/person providing a service is a new provider, they will need to fill out a W-9 form
Invoices can be emailed to Marie Carrano or sent to the following mailing address:
Yale Law School
Office of Student Affairs - ATTN: Marie Carrano
PO Box 208215
New Haven, CT 06520-8215
In order to process the invoice for payment, you will need to provide the following information as well via email to Marie Carrano. You may also fill out the invoice information submission form for journals or orgs/other initiatives.
- Short description of the expense: Please provide the vendor Name and short description of what was ordered
- Date and Time: Please provide the day of the week, month, date, year, and time of the event for which the food was ordered.
- Event Title: Please provide the title for the event
- Event Speaker(s): Please provide the name(s) of the speaker(s) at your event. Please be sure to indicate if a speaker is a YLS alum, and when known, their graduating year.
- Location: Please provide the location for your event
- Attendance: Please provide the headcount of attendees at your event. If the number of attendees is 10 or fewer, please provide their full names.
- Total: Please provide the total cost you expect the vendor to bill for your order.
- Sponsoring Group(s)/Account(s): Please provide information on which student group account(s) will be responsible for covering this expense. If multiple groups are splitting the charge, please provide details on how the expense should be split. If your group has multiple accounts, please be sure to indicate which account (e.g., Annual Allocation or Discretionary funds) should be charged.
Tip: If you’re advertising the event through The Wall or your listserv, you can always forward the email along and provide the final attendance count/list of names, depending on what is appropriate.